DISCOVER THE WILDERNESS LIKE NEVER BEFORE WITH BUSHCRAFT 101!
Bush craftBush craftoff gridBush craftoutdoors manBush craft
BUSHCRAFT 101 REVIEW
Bushcraft 101 Review: A Comprehensive Guide to Survival Skills
In today’s world, disaster preparedness and off-grid living have become increasingly important. With natural disasters, economic instability, and political unrest, it’s essential to have the skills and knowledge necessary to survive in any situation. One of the most critical aspects of survival is knowing how to find and prepare food. That’s where Bushcraft 101 comes in.
Bushcraft 101 is a comprehensive guide to survival skills written by Dave Canterbury, a renowned survival expert and founder of the Pathfinder School. The book covers everything from building a shelter to starting a fire, but one of its most valuable sections is on survival food.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the survival food section of Bushcraft 101 and see how it can help you prepare for any situation.
The Basics of Survival Food
Before we dive into the specifics of the book, let’s first discuss the basics of survival food. In a survival situation, your primary goal is to find and prepare food that will keep you alive. This means focusing on high-calorie, nutrient-dense foods that are easy to find and prepare.
Some of the best survival foods include:
- Wild game: Deer, elk, and other large game animals are excellent sources of protein and fat. If you have the skills to hunt and process these animals, they can provide you with a steady supply of food.
- Fish: If you’re near a body of water, fishing can be an excellent way to find food. Look for fish that are high in fat, such as salmon or trout.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are high in calories and healthy fats. Look for nuts like almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts, and seeds like sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Berries: Many wild berries are high in vitamins and antioxidants. Look for berries like blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
- Roots and tubers: Roots and tubers like potatoes, carrots, and turnips are high in carbohydrates and can provide a good source of energy.
Of course, finding and preparing these foods requires a certain level of skill and knowledge. That’s where Bushcraft 101 comes in. The Survival Food Section of Bushcraft 101
The survival food section of Bushcraft 101 is divided into several chapters, each covering a different aspect of finding and preparing food in the wild. Let’s take a closer look at each chapter.
Chapter 1: Edible Plants
The first chapter of the survival food section covers edible plants. In this chapter, Canterbury discusses the importance of knowing how to identify edible plants in the wild. He provides a list of common edible plants, along with detailed descriptions and photos to help you identify them.
Canterbury also covers some of the most common poisonous plants and explains how to avoid them. This chapter is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn more about foraging for food in the wild.
Chapter 2: Hunting and Trapping
The second chapter of the survival food section covers hunting and trapping. In this chapter, Canterbury discusses the basics of hunting and trapping, including how to set traps and snares, how to track animals, and how to process game.
He also covers some of the most common game animals, including deer, elk, and small game like rabbits and squirrels. This chapter is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to hunt and trap for food.
Chapter 3: Fishing
The third chapter of the survival food section covers fishing. In this chapter, Canterbury discusses the basics of fishing, including how to choose the right bait and tackle, how to find fish, and how to clean and prepare fish.
He also covers some of the most common fish species, including trout, bass, and catfish. This chapter is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to fish for food.
Chapter 4: Cooking
The fourth chapter of the survival food section covers cooking. In this chapter, Canterbury discusses the basics of cooking in the wild, including how to build a fire, how to choose the right cooking utensils, and how to cook over an open flame.
He also provides several recipes for wild game, fish, and foraged plants. This chapter is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to cook in the wild.
Chapter 5: Preserving Food
The fifth and final chapter of the survival food section covers preserving food. In this chapter, Canterbury discusses the basics of preserving food in the wild, including smoking, drying, and canning.
He also provides several recipes for preserving wild game and fish. This chapter is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to preserve food in the wild.
Overall, the survival food section of Bushcraft 101 is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to learn how to find and prepare food in the wild. Whether you’re a seasoned survivalist or a beginner, this book has something to offer.
By learning the skills and knowledge necessary to find and prepare food in the wild, you’ll be better prepared for any situation. Whether you’re facing a natural disaster, economic instability, or political unrest, you’ll have the tools you need to survive.
So if you’re looking to improve your survival skills, I highly recommend picking up a copy of Bushcraft 101. It’s an investment in your future that could one day save your life.
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival by …
Jul 4, 2014 … Read 150 reviews from the world’s largest community for readers. “With advice on not just getting along, but truly reconnecting with the …
- Customer reviews: Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the … – Amazon.com
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased …
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival | Self …
Written by survivalist expert Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101 gets you ready … from the proper knots to know to scavenging edible food in the wilderness.
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival …
Written by survivalist expert Dave Canterbury, Bushcraft 101 gets you ready for your next backcountry trip with advice on making the most of your time outdoors.
- Bushcraft 101 Class | Self Reliance Outfitters
Have not been to that particular class yet but the Basic Survival was awesome. I plan to do the bushcraft 101 then the Intermediate class. The instructors and …
- Review: ‘Bushcraft 101—a Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness …
Mar 28, 2017 … Review: ‘Bushcraft 101—a Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival,’ by Dave Canterbury. Bushcraft is now trendy. I believe the word was …
- The Bushcraft Book Boxed Set | Self Reliance Outfitters
Bushcraft 101: The primer to wilderness survival based on the author’s 5Cs of Survivability (cutting tools, covering, combustion devices, containers, and …
- Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival …
Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival. No reviews. Regular price$17.99.
- The Best Survival Training | The Best Survival School | Self Reliance …
If you are looking for the best survival training available, then you need to attend one of our many survival classes. … Bushcraft 101 Class. 5 reviews.
- Bushcraft 101 | Book by Dave Canterbury | Official Publisher Page …
Bushcraft 101 by Dave Canterbury – “With advice on not just getting along, … A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival … Raves and Reviews.
Interesting facts about Bushcraft 101 Review
- In a survival situation, it is important to prioritize water over food as the human body can survive longer without food than without water.
- Offgrid living refers to living in a self-sufficient manner without reliance on public utilities such as electricity and water supply.
- Disaster preparedness involves having an emergency kit with essential items such as first aid supplies, non-perishable food, and communication devices.
- Wild edibles such as berries, nuts, and roots can provide a source of nutrition in a survival situation but should only be consumed if properly identified and tested for toxicity.
- Canned foods are often recommended for disaster preparedness due to their long shelf life and convenience in storage.
- Hunting or fishing can provide protein-rich sources of food in offgrid living situations but require knowledge of local regulations and hunting/fishing techniques.
- Dehydrating fruits or vegetables is an effective way to preserve them for long-term storage while maintaining their nutritional value
- Building raised garden beds or using hydroponic systems are popular methods for growing fresh produce in offgrid living situations where traditional gardening may not be feasible